The yearbook History of Communism in Europe welcomes scientific articles that are innovative and written in an interdisciplinary perspective.
If you wish to publish your text in History of Communism in Europe, please take note of the following steps:
- Abstract submission: abstracts related to the yearly call for papers launched by IICCMRE should not exceed 500 words and should be submitted within the deadline announced in the call [see the call here – link la forthcoming].
- Abstract selection: the Editorial Board selects the abstracts and announces the authors, generally within one week after the submission
- The authors should submit the full drafts of the papers within the deadline announced in the call for papers. The authors receive the stylesheet guidelines from the editors. Please see the following general rules:
- Submissions must be the author’s original work, not have been published previously, and must not be under consideration elsewhere. In your email, “cover letter,”, which should be confirmed in a statement.
- To assist in the tracking and reviewing of the article please:
- Include a title page with the author’s name, affiliation, and contact information including address/phone/email. On the same page include a short biography stating relevant educational background and most important and/or most recent publications. If you are working in a professional field, or as an activist, provide us with relevant information.
- The second page should include the title of the article and a short abstract of no more than 900 characters (including spaces).
- The article follows on the third page. Nothing in the header and only page numbers in the footer.
- Manuscript Style
- The manuscript should be submitted single-spaced, 12-point style, and a reference list with only those sources cited in the article.
- Maximum length: 60.000 characters (including spaces and footnotes).
- The manuscript should not include embedded figures in the text. Please do not include any running headers or footers (although, again, page numbers are acceptable).
- All articles must include a reference list and use parenthetical citations. For further information, please follow The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, Documentation 2: Author-Date Citations and Reference Lists. Only references cited in the text should be included in the bibliography.
- Peer-review: the members of the Editorial Board select the texts to be sent to review; the review procedure is double-blind; the authors will upload their texts [here – link la automatizare]; they will receive the reviewers’ recommendations, which are mandatory. The reviewers’ decision to reject a text is respected by the members of the Editorial Board.
- Proofing: IICCMRE provides proofing for the articles, before publication.
- Consent to publication: the publishing house contacts the authors for final proofs and consent to publication.